As an Outlook user, you know that when there is no connection to Exchange Server, then all the works done will be saved in offline mode in OST file. As the connection gets re-established, the OST file will get synchronized with Exchange Sever. However, you may come across certain issues with Outlook OST file such as,
- OST may get corrupt and inaccessible
- Unable to access OST file without making use of the Outlook account from which it was created
- Certain times it’s impossible to importing emails directly from OST file
- Cannot restore OST file backup directly
Well, there is solution for every problem. To solve this issue, the best thing is to convert Outlook OST to PST which can be done easily with the help of Convert OST to PST software by Remo.
Steps to convert Outlook OST to PST
These steps can be followed in case of Outlook 2013, 2010 or earlier.
Method 1: Archiving
Outlook offers the facility to Archive data. This can be done by moving the OST mailbox folders to PST file. To do this:
- Launch the Outlook application.
- Then hit on ‘File’ menu and select ‘Archive’
- Next, choose the files and folders that needs to be archived
- Then select destination to store the Archive on your computer
- Hit on ‘Finish’
Method 2: Export/ Import Wizard
- For this, open Outlook (2016, 2013, 2010 or previous versions)
- Then move to the ‘File’ menu and select ‘Import & Export’
- This opens ‘Import and Export Wizard’, there you need to choose ‘Export to a File’
- Now select ‘Outlook data file’(PST) format from the given storage options
- Next select the checkbox associated to ‘Include subfolders’
- Click on Finish
As this process gets accomplished, Outlook will start converting all the components of OST file to PST unless an existing password protected PST file is selected. If the export gets completed to existing password protected file then enter appropriate password into the dialog box that says ‘Outlook data file password’ and hit on the ‘OK’ button.
You can even provide password to PST file. For this, type password in the ‘Create Outlook data file’ box and hit on ‘OK’. Now the ‘Outlook data file password’ box appears, type the password and click ‘OK’. Now mailbox data will be available in PST file format and it can be transferred to a new location in your computer or external storage drive.
Method 3: Convert Outlook OST file to PST using Convert OST to PST Tool
If the above methods fail or if you feel it as complicated then worry not; to help you in such situation, Remo has come up with Convert OST to PST tool. This application helps in changing Outlook OST file to PST files in less span of time. This program comes with advanced algorithms which converts OST file and extracts all its attributes like emails, notes, contacts, calendars, journals, etc. Moreover, you can view the converted OST file using preview option in case of demo version.